Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I really enjoy days off from work!

What a day! Complete with torrential downpours, flashes of lightning one right after the other, and even tornado watches.  All this not long after my post about how lucky we are not to get tornadoes.  Of course, threats of tornadoes aren't taken as seriously as those in Kansas for our tornadoes are never that large or destructive.  This, however, did not prevent me from driving home from the mall despite the hazardous rainfall and the fogginess of my windshield (stupid car) because I figured being in my basement apartment might be better than being in my car if a tornado were to touch down.  Had I been alone, I probably would've been freaking out.  Thank goodness I was with Jamie who will always turn to humor in scary situations along with me. I don't think I've ever parked that far away from an entrance and I chose tonight of all nights to do it.  Although it was pouring and we both were completely drenched by the time we reach my car, I was far more freaked out by the lightning.  It was almost as if mother nature invited us to her rave party and made sure to provide us with quite a light show.  Might have been cool to watch had we not been outside at the time.

All in all, it was a really good day.  I got to see my sister and her boyfriend because they called me to see if I would be willing to drive them home from the Woburn train station.  They were in vacation in Baltimore and I was more than happy to; I enjoy seeing them and don't like that we see each other as infrequently as we do.   Since I was in Haverhill, I stopped by the Buick dealership to pick up the nozzle that controls my air vents.  I've been having issues and I was hoping that would fix it.  At first, I thought it had and that I might just need more coolant for my AC but on the way home today, I started the car and once again the vents didn't work.  None of them.  Kind of sucked actually since I've already paid a couple of hundred for them to fix just that issue.  Sigh, I'll have to see if that continues but I won't pay them to fix it again when it wasn't done properly the first time around.  Speaking of air conditioners and repairs, the AC for our apartment is working again!  Hoorah!  They were in and out of my apartment all morning and I was so excited when I came home and actually felt the cool air.  Yay, for renting because we didn't have to pay a penny for that!   Now, all we need to fix is the leaking issue which hasn't been too bad because our upstairs neighbors aren't using their ac as much.

I'd like to write more... about how it felt to spend over an hour playing with makeup again and my issues with trying on and purchasing new clothing due to my overall insecurities, or how awesome the movie The Young Victoria was and how much it made me appreciate my Dave, or how nice it was to get together with Jamie again.   I'd like to write more about that but I'm actually kind of tired and kind of want to lay down, snuggle with Dave, and maybe continue reading my book.  Round out the evening as nicely as the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment