Monday, June 13, 2011

Keeping schedule

Sometime I just need to write even when I don't have anything to say.  Honestly, I don't want to spend anymore precious time staring at this screen trying to think of something to try and write a couple of paragraphs on.  Despite having slept much too long again today, one of my goals is to try and go to bed by 1am even on the nights that I'm working until 11.   I don't necessarily have to fall asleep but I have to "rest" and let my body know that by this time every night, it was be bedtime.  

 In addition, I want to stay in bed until 9-10am.   If I wake up earlier, again I will stay in bed to let my body know that a 9am it's time to wake up. I have this tendency to wake up super early at like 7am after only a couple of hours of sleep if I've overslept the previous day.   What normally happens is that I stay awake until about noon or even 1pm and then am desperate to fall asleep again.  If it's a work night, I almost definitely bring myself back to bed and sleep until I have to go to work.  This only screws up my sleep schedule even more.  I'm well rested for work but I then find it difficult to go back to sleep at night. 

Thus, my new plan of attack is to force myself to lay down from 1-9 each night.  I figure if I can get to bed every night by 1am and force myself to wake up by 9am, I can condition myself into a regular sleep schedule.  Of course, from 9am-midnight, I am not allowed to take a nap.  I need my body to learn that I'm not going to let it sleep or wake up whenever it wants me too.  You can plan life around that.  People need a schedule.  Our bodies are actually meant to adapt to the schedules that we set.  So hopefully, I can keep this up and start to make myself a normal human being again.  

See that Denise, you just started typing and now you have another post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment