Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rambling Rambles

I'm going to write this now before I forget and then get all bummed out later.  I must admit that I'm really proud of myself for not losing my shit tonight while at work.  Really I was ready to punch a few people in the face tonight but I impressed my coworkers with my patience.  We can always tell when one of us is on one of "those" calls.   Honestly they wouldn't be so bad if they just were willing to listen.  At a certain point I literally said to him, "I've explained your options and I want to assist you but I don't know what you want me to do.  What would you like me to do?"  I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.  Finally, after a half hour he decided to allow me to help him and what do you know, I resolved his problem!  On the more positive end, I do think he ended up being super embarrassed after all was said and done.   I would probably just look at it as annoying but I'm sure this is will be the one call that I will be "coached" on and really I just don't want to deal with it.  It's bad enough having to do it once, but to listen to the whole thing all over again and be told "you should've done this and this" by someone who's never answered a single one of our phone calls is just really frustrating.  Ah well, it's over and I made me some money and that's what matters.

I was going to write more but I got caught up watching Amish teenagers experience a week with a modern British family on the National Geographic Channel.  It's actually very interesting to listen to their opinions regarding music and clothing.  There's something about the whole show that makes me feel good about people with completely opposing belief systems coexisting.  The overwhelming sharing without trying to convince that one side is right.  There have been times when I would see Amish people at amusement parks and wonder at it.  I was always fascinated by them and wanted to talk to them but didn't really know what to say.  I like listen to their accents for one and honestly, I don't disagree with everything they believe.  Personally, I do think that those who don't have "earthly attachments" as they call them are happier.  I think that so many of us including myself, especially myself depend on external factors to fulfill.  Also, I really love that they cook what they grow and build their own homes.  Sure, I couldn't actually live that way but I can definitely appreciate it.

Now, I'm just rambling... sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment