Saturday, June 18, 2011

Not too much tonight

Today was a good day because I got to see both Katie and Alli!  I know I've said this before but I really regret not seeing them as often as I would like.  Though one could argue that it does make those rare times that we do meet more special when they happen.  Still, that's not a strong enough argument for me.  I'd rather see them more frequently like we did back in college.  Anyway, we had a good time.  We went out to dinner and played Settlers of Catan.  It's this super awesome strategic game along with a little bit of luck that I'm pretty terrible at.  Normally, you need a minimum of three people to play but Katie and Jared figured out a cool way to play with just two so I'm hoping to get some practice by challenging Dave to a game more regularly.  More than anything, I just love the simple conversations that we tend to have when we get together.  Really, I don't need dinner or even games.  I just like the conversation.

Sigh, I'm super tired tonight and I'm not sure why as I didn't sleep that late.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm just not in the mood to write tonight.  Honestly though, these past couple of days I've written an awful lot and dug into some very deep and heavy emotions.  I deserve a bit of a break, right.  My therapist would tell me that it's good that I don't have a ton to say at this exact moment because it's not good to be so full of such continuous emotion.  Okay, she might not say that but again, I don't care.  I'm just writing to fill space at this point.  So yeah, I think that's enough for today.  It's not much but it's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment