Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Work

At work tonight I spoke to my boss about what I'm going through.  It's been very difficult for me recently and I was super nervous about approaching them.  Luckily she was super understanding and our talk went so well that when I got back to my desk and wrote to my team giving them the very brief description of what I was going through.  The response from them was super heartening and it really helped me out a lot.  My anxiety somehow began being associated with work.  I kept feeling afraid that I would have a panic attack in the middle of my shift and expressing that fear to my colleagues and hearing that they are so supportive is actually making me less anxious about everything.  I feel like I've opened a window and got some fresh air into a very stale room.   Who knew that expressing my fears would be so liberating.   I'm so lucky to have their support.

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I are both so proud of you! We will always be here in any way we can. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete