Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday

Why is it that every time my monthly friend visits, my nose also decides it also isn't going to cooperate? As if the bloating, cramps, irritability, and exhaustion aren't enough to deal with I also get nasal congestion and sneezing fits.  This does not make me a happy person.  What a way to spend a Saturday!  It didn't start out badly though.  Actually, overall the day was pretty decent.  I'm just feeling kind of crappy now.

This morning I woke up early (for me anyway) and drove back to my hometown to hang out with Jamie and get my car looked at.  I was in need of my 60K checkup, an oil change, an inspection sticker, and my windshield wiper was still in disarray.  I've needed this for a while but was dreading it since Dave's recent checkup cost us a small fortune.  However, mine was manageable considering all that was done.  Inexpensive?  No, but I don't feel like it's going to break the bank.  It's nice to go in and not hear about a zillion other things that need to be done that you weren't expecting.   So, my car is in good shape again so that feels nice.

Also, I got to see Jamie.  She and I haven't had the chance to hang out or even talk for ages.  Really, I think it's been a month or something.   After she helped me drop my car off we went for breakfast, had a wonderful conversation, then walked about in Newburyport.  Of course, as we were arriving I started feeling all those lovely symptoms and things slowly went downhill from there.  Despite everything, I did have a decent time but found that I needed to end things early.  I just kept feeling worse and worse and though she said she couldn't tell, I felt like everything coming out of my mouth sounded wrong and cranky.

When I got home, Dave put me to bed and I slept for a bit which felt wonderful being snuggled up to him and my new stuffed Uglydoll I bought earlier.  We had some dinner and I mindlessly perused the internet while my sneezing increase and my nose got more and more congested.  Now, I find myself typing this so I can crash in bed within the next few minutes.  I need to get up early tomorrow so I need to get my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment