Saturday, May 26, 2012

Feissal and Becky got married!

Feissal and Becky's wedding was absolutely wonderful.  She was gorgeous, he was dapper, and they made a beautiful couple.   Dave was the unofficial best man and I think he was more anxious than Feis was prior to the ceremony.  He was all antsy and couldn't stop fidgeting.  It was really cute and sort of left me wondering how he made it through our own wedding.

They got married at this stunning Greek Orthodox church.  Both the inside and the outside were really pretty.  Even the most beautiful churches I've visited normally don't carry it outside.  The one in Costa Rica did and the one in Paris that we visited but most don't so that was a pleasant surprise.  Though I've seen a number of Catholic wedding ceremonies, they've always been Roman Catholic.  This was my first Greek Orthodox wedding ceremony which they kept very traditional so I got to see the differences.  The entire ceremony was done in the sing-song chant that only happens during certain parts of a Roman Catholic ceremony and the guests were required to stand for most of it which I wasn't anticipating (I chose to stand through all of it so I could videotape it but most of the guests were ridiculously high heels so it couldn't have been comfortable.  They also did this cool thing with crowns which I want to do more research on to further understand the significance.

The reception was a whole lot of fun with this really cool blend of Lebanese and local U.S. culture.   They had a DJ but also a live band that played Arabic music.  My word, some of those people can dance.  It was a lot of fun.  Half of guests were these great dancers and then there were the rest of us who just had a blast trying to catch on but not really able.  Dave was almost as popular as the groom himself and I only saw him for bits and pieces of the reception as he was jumping from table to table and from person to person as they called his name.  He basically threw the bachelor's party so the majority of the younger male guests knew him and loved him.  Everyone kept coming up to me and were like, "your husband is awesome.  I love him" to which I normally responded with, "He so is and I love him too."  All the partying though wore him out.  Despite being in the next room, I can hear him snoring and he hardly snores unless he's utterly exhausted.

It was such a great night!  So much love toward both Feissal and Becky!

No comments:

Post a Comment