Friday, May 25, 2012

Eep!

Holy Crap! I almost went to bed without writing again!  It's 3:30am and I was just about to go to lay down when Dave asked one of the two questions he always makes sure to ask before I close my eyes: did you write?  did you take your medicine?  Thank goodness for him.   I doubt I'd follow through with this if he didn't occasionally remind me.

Jamie came over today after she got out of work and we went for a walk around the Wakefield lake.  My goodness, I forgot how long of a walk that was and how incredibly out of shape I am.  I mean, people run that thing.  Sometimes they run multiple laps!  I was feeling the ache after walking around it once slowly. We were not power walking by any means.  After our walk we joined Dave and went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  That place is delicious and I was starving.  We don't have one near us with the closest ones being a solid twenty minute drive away so we opted to go to the one near Methuen so that maybe Ian could join us if he got out of work by the time we got there.  Unfortunately, he wasn't able to make it but we had a good dinner anyway.  We talked about the Avengers and how I really wanted to see it again.

So we did.  Well, Dave and I did at least.  I thoroughly enjoyed that movie.  Maybe it was just the cast of very attractive men but I also was entertained by the rest of it as well.  As we were leaving I thought about how most of the actors are our age now.  When we were in high school and even early college, the  cast of action movies like these were always older.  Now, they are right in our age bracket.  It's different watching my peers (well, people my age) playing the leads in major motion pictures and on major league baseball teams.  How are we going to feel when they are younger than us?  For my parents, it must feel even stranger.  Now the leads are the same age as their children.   For kicks, I looked it up.  The guy who played Thor is a year and a half older than me meaning he is younger than Dave and Scarlett Johansson is only a day older than me (I never knew that).  So yeah, I'm not looking forward to IMDBing the actors and learning that they are 5-10 years younger.  So not ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment