Saturday, May 5, 2012

Meetups

When am I going to learn that I should write earlier in the evening than later?  Thankfully, Dave understands how important this is to me even if I forget sometimes and he coaxes me to sit down and type something out before falling asleep.  Earlier today, Katie had her baby shower.  It was nice to see her family again, many of them I haven't seen since her wedding.  Because Alli and Beth were also there and I haven't seen them in ages either, my attention went towards them more than the others but it was nice to see her family as well.  Michelle, Katie's sister, did such a great job putting the shower together.  The food was delicious and the our craft was fun.  Overall, I think everyone had a good time.

Katie's friend from when she worked in Disney also came up for the shower which I think was totally awesome.  I hadn't seen her in years and it was wonderful to see her.  I got her email address so that I can contact her while down in Disney when we go in December.  Even if we just get to see as a "friend" of a character, that would be enough.  Personally, I would love a lunch or something but working/living in Disney World is different than vacationing so depending on her schedule we may or may not be able to arrange something.  Anyway, it felt really good to see Katie, Alli, and Beth all at the same time.  It's strange how comforting just being in their presence can be.  Living together in college created a bond, at least on my end, that allows me to take down many of my barriers and just be myself.   That's a feeling that I should try to cultivate more.

I was going to type more but I think that's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment