Monday, May 21, 2012

Changes

Dave and I tackled the chores we were slacking on so I feel good about that.  I also made it to work tonight so two small accomplishments that I'm trying to be proud about.  Of course, the two loads of laundry still need to put away as they are currently sitting in neatly folded piles on our living room floor. Last night, we looked at the finances again and we started saving for the potential taxes we might have to pay, the car insurance (and potential car repairs) on a weekly basis but they add up over the course of the month.  That, and if we just eat whatever and whenever from wherever we want we end up spending insane (seriously, insane) amounts of money on the credit card making the monthly payment horrifying.

Between the two, we aren't bringing home enough to cover both our expenses and our weekly savings which left us with two choices: cut our expenses further or cut into the savings.  For me, cutting into the savings is out of the question unless it becomes 100% necessary.  Since it is not yet at that point, we are choosing to cut the expenses the largest one being the food budget.  I personally believe we can make that possible.  However, just in case we are unable to maintain that desire we are cutting cable and taking a cut to our "personal accounts."  The cable will hurt me the most, I think.  Dave doesn't watch t.v. but I'll have to figure out something other than my daily crime dramas to play as background noise.  Luckily there are other options to t.v. with things like Netflix and Hulu so it's not like I won't be able to watch anything but movies from here on in but it will have to be more calculated.

So we'll see.  Maybe I'll find other wonderful things to indulge myself in during my hours not working. Who knows what I'll discover about the world and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment