Friday, May 25, 2012

Setback

Setbacks are inevitable.  I've been really good for the past couple of weeks so I shouldn't feel down about today.  It's better that it happened today and not tomorrow.  I'm doing better now and things are going to be okay.  Just a bad day and tomorrow is another one.  You can try again tomorrow.  Begin again.   Positive thinking, that's what's needed here.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should use the whiteboard above our kitchen table as one of those signs they have in factories proclaiming how many days it's been since an accident.   You know: "it's been ___ days since your last panic attack."  Somehow I doubt that would be very encouraging.  The imagery just came to my head and I figured, "well, I might as well write it down."

I spent the majority of the day trying to "sleep it off" which sort of worked except for the fact that I think I slept wrong and now find it painful to turn my head to the left.  Dave is at Feissal and Becky's rehearsal dinner and I'm waiting for him to come home as if I'm going to feel better once he walks in the door but really I probably won't.  Maybe it's best that I move past this before he gets home.  Maybe I'll just go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment