Friday, May 4, 2012

Kid's furniture

We went and picked up a couple more things for Katie's little one just because I wanted to add a bit more for her gift for tomorrow.  This was my first time really "baby shopping" and I am in so much trouble if more babies enter my life.  They are going to eat my wallet up!  The tiny little outfits and things designed specifically for these little people are a total weakness.  I love small things: small houses, small marshmallows, small cars, small everything.  Children's clothing, toys, and furniture fit in with my taste incredibly.  The furniture really kills me though.  It's so incredibly useless and a waste of money but I love it a lot.  I love the little chairs, couches, tables, beds, play kitchen set, all of it.

Again, completely impractical but I know I will totally want to give my kids a little house with little furniture.  I can so see myself taking a small shed and making it a kids house filling it with a ton of the things from Pottery Barn kids.   I mean, I could give them a little kitchen (though I'd get the non-pink appliances because boys can love the kitchen too).

So while I was writing this and getting pictures from Pottery Barn Kids, I saw that we could design a room and I jumped on the opportunity.  I looked up some inexpensive sheds on Sears.com and found one that was reasonably priced and got the appropriate dimensions and then created a room based on those measurements.  What you see below is what I created.  The bed is a bunk bed with open space underneath where I placed a desk and chair.  I also incorporated "living room/playroom" with a craft table, bookcase, mini kid's sofa, chairs, and storage that can also double as seating.  And of course it wouldn't be a little home without a kitchen and dining room set.  
Yes, I'm utterly ridiculous but all the more reason for me not to have children any time soon.  No children means no temptation to design play homes out of backyard sheds.  Luckily for me, I have a husband who would never let me get away with this even if we could afford it.  This would be the epitome of what he would consider indulging or spoiling our children which he has no intention of doing.  Even as I he helped me with putting my room design on this blog, he made the statement: "we're never going to do this by the way."  You know, just in case I had any other intentions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment