Monday, April 4, 2011

Working on goals

Last night I was worried about not waking up at a reasonable hour today and I ended up waking up at 6:30 in the morning.  I totally didn't have enough sleep and I felt tired but unable to go back to sleep.  So by 2pm, I found myself needing a nap and slept until I had to go to work.  All and all not horrible.  I would like to be able to make it through the entire day without a nap like a normal person but I'll take the little things.  

While I was awake, I did do some more work on our wedding budget and we are definitely going to go over budget, but so far it's not as bad as I thought.  We'll have to see.  Maybe I can work a second job for a bit or talk to my work about picking up a couple of extra hours to make up the difference.  I did receive a call from the Temp agency I applied for while I was at work saying that they might have a part time job for me.   Depending on the hours and the job, that would be fantastic.  I'm going to call her back tomorrow and hope that it's still there and no one else has already responded to it.  So we'll see where that goes.  

Also, I'll be getting some extra help with my exercise and healthy living goal.  My work is doing a company wide competition called Step Up to the Plate.   I've joined a team with four other of my second shift coworkers that will compete against other teams.  For every 15 minutes of cardio exercise we earn a run and then we are able to steal bases by doing a healthy living challenge for the week like getting enough sleep or eating fruits and veggies.  I played it last year but didn't really take it seriously but this year is a whole new ballgame.  Dave and I also purchased 10 personal/small group training sessions each off of Groupon for only $35.  We haven't had a chance to go and check it out yet but I'm super excited to go and talk to them.  What an awesome way to stay motivated, no?  

With that I'm going to head to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment