Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One of those update posts again...

Another Tuesday night done! I've completed my workout this evening and once I'm finished writing this post I'll be ready to go to bed.  Unfortunately I have to wake up early to bring my car to the shop.  My heat/ac seems to have stopped working entirely.  Last summer, my dial that switches between the vents popped off so I've spent the last year driving around with only a defogger which meant almost no ac during the summer and just enough heat in the winter if I was smart enough to start it a few minutes before I had to drive.  Now, it appears to have just stopped working together so off I go to get it checked.  I figured, since I'm almost at 60,000 miles on it I'll get a check up done too.  Honestly, I really wish I didn't have to primarily because car work even minor things always end up costing me seriously cash and frankly I have a lot of things I want to use my money on.  

Hopefully when I get home from dropping Dave off at work, I won't go back to sleep.  I've been sleeping super late these past two days and that almost always means that I'll need a nap sometime during the day tomorrow.  But really, I'm hoping that I won't have to and I can get some more of my tasks done.  Dave and I haven't particularly worked on the apartment since Sunday so I'm hoping to do a little tomorrow along with actually posting something on our wedding website like who we are and whose in our bridal party.  Yesterday, I wrote down the names of each of my ladies and created small notes about them and our relationship to help assist me in writing their blurbs.  I'm not worried about them though, I could write about my friends all day.

It's writing about Dave and me and how we met that has me all worried.  I absolutely abhor writing anything about myself.  Sure this blog is all about me but there isn't that need to state who I am in a short paragraph or even page.  I hate that.  I don't think I've done a "who am I?" post because frankly, reading this blog should give a pretty good idea.  I'm also not to big on the "How did you two meet?" or "How did he propose?"  Yes, our meeting story was quite interesting and Dave prepared a wonderful proposal twice because I totally messed up the first one but it's not something I feel the need to discuss with the world.  The night we met we spent the whole night talking just the two of us and the proposal was a private affair even if it was done in the middle of Boston (we were secluded) so the stories are really personal and special to me.  It just seems strange to have to place all down on paper but really, why else have a wedding website if not to tell your story or show your engagement pictures or link to the things you hope people will buy for you? 

So tomorrow, I'll try and make that a priority.  We'll see how that goes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment