Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Work In Progress

Another Sunday night and I'm utterly exhausted as usual.  Waking up so early always throws me off and I don't know but work is really bumming me out recently.  I'm not really sure why exactly; I was doing okay with it for a while there.  Sure, it wasn't my favorite place to be but it didn't really bother me.  I'm just finding myself feeling super stressed out while I'm there recently.  My job isn't that stressful so I don't know what my problem is, really?  I'm not responsible for teaching small children how to read, running into burning buildings, or performing a twelve hour surgery on somebody.   So yeah, being so stressed makes me sort of feel like I can't handle life sometimes and that's hard to swallow somewhat.

The apartment is still a mess but we're making progress slowly but surely.  Right now, I'm not sure if all the furniture is quite working with this new layout but we're working on it.  It's difficult right now because we really can't afford to go out and get better furniture so right now we're facing the challenge of making what we have work for us the way we want.  My thinking is that once we officially clean up by going through and sorting and organizing a bit more, we'll have more open space so we'll really be able to see what we're working with and it will probably inspire me a bit more.  On the positive side, we went through our storage unit and were able to organize that getting rid of a lot of the stuff that we never use.  We still need to take photos so we can maybe sell some stuff on Craigslist because we have some really nice things that we hardly ever used and are almost in new condition but it seems overwhelming as neither or us have every sold anything on Craigslist.

The trick to this will be like everything else: just need to take it one step at a time.  One area and then another and then another.  I just need to have more patience with our pacing.  I'm not used to dividing these types of task over such a long time.  Whenever I used to clean in the past, it would be a full day affair and it would exhausting but it would be done.  Although, I've never actually done anything quite like this.  I feel like we are at the beginning stages of something bigger; like we are beginning to take on some of the smaller living concepts.  No, we are in no way planning to move to a 300 sq foot apartment anytime soon but we are trying to do what we can to get rid of our stuff.  Don't get me wrong, even as we reduce our things, we still have more than I know what to do with.  My thinking is that once we get everything sorted and we've downsized a bit, we'll wait a few weeks before bringing it all out again to see if there is more we can part with then that we aren't ready to now.  Yes, that's a very convoluted sentence but what can I say, I'm tired.

Alright I'm off to fold the laundry, take the Wii Fit test for today, and then hopefully crash in my warm comfy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment