Thursday, April 21, 2011

Conversation is more than enough

Sometimes I just need to begin writing.  For the past fifteen minutes I've sat here just staring at the blank blog screen and haven't typed anything.  I just had to start typing because something is bound to come.  It's late and I'm not feeling my best.  My nose is runny and I'm just feeling lethargic overall.  It's that time of the month for me so this is normal but it's also the seemingly allergic reaction that's bugging me more.  Took an Zyrtec, two advil, and have a heating pad pressed to my tummy and hoping that I would feel better soon. 

Got to spend a few hours with Katie today and it was really good to see her.  It's nice just to sit down and talk to her for a while.  For me, I love the fact that I can just sit on the couch all day and just have a meandering conversation about topics of the moment with a good friend.  We don't have to go anywhere special or do anything extravagant to have a good time.  Of course, we also have a super fun time doing things but I like just being able to chill.  We talked a lot about eating well, the trials and tribulations of keeping house, and all kinds of things.  She's one of my friends who's never afraid to say what's on her mind and we discussed how much I value that.  There have been times when I don't necessary want to hear it, but it's good nonetheless.  Unlike myself, she does take the time to think about what she says before she says it so as to soften the blow if it's something that she knows probably isn't going to sit well with me.  It was a decent conversation.   

Today was one of those days when I think about my family and friends and am so grateful.  I hung out with Katie and had a really nice time but on the way home I also thought about my other relationships with Jamie, Alli, my sister, and my parents.  Not to mention Dave and how awesome his friends are too.  I'm so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people.  I love them all and I'm super grateful for each of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment