Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rearranging Furniture

So tonight at 8pm Dave turned to me from his computer and said, "You want to rearrange the apartment?" We've been thinking about doing it for a long time, especially since I came up with a different idea a couple of months ago.  Originally, we wanted to go through clean, organized, and declutter the whole apartment first and then rearrange it.  When Dave asked me, imagine my surprise as I looked back at him and asked, "right now?"  He nodded and with a shrug of his shoulders that basically said, "why not?" What surprised me more than his question was the fact that I didn't fully hate the idea.

Needless to say, we spent the rest of night shifting things and moving heavy pieces of furniture.  I know I've mentioned this here on this blog before but we have so much stuff.  Actually, I realized tonight that the majority of our stuff is Dave's.  He says he's always known that it was mostly his but I was really shocked by it.  We have more computers, computer parts, and wires you would think we owned a small store.  Seriously, we have so many wires!  Seeing it all along with numerous other things that we still need to go through I began to feel super overwhelmed.  I didn't understand anything that I was looking at and had no idea how to help him go through it all.

We did everything to make sure I was comfortable meaning that I could get to my fridge and some counter space in my kitchen, there was enough floor space for us to get our Wii fitness tests, and our internet was back up and running so I could write my post and he was able to tackle all the cords. Still I feel badly that I can't help him but goodness knows that I'll have to go through my own crap soon enough.  Now that we've started, I'll admit I'm a bit excited for the final product and the new layout and I'm looking forward to continuing with it tomorrow.

Anyway, it's super late and I really need to be heading to bed because I need to head to work super early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment