Saturday, April 9, 2011

Much Better Day

After I wrote my post last night, Dave and I had a long talk and I am feeling a whole lot better.  Of course, I still need to talk to my psychologist about things because it's in no way resolved but I feel far less hopeless than I did before.  Dave was more than willing to whatever he can to help resolve things and that's enough right now.  Like I indicated earlier, it goes so much deeper than him.  It's within me and the smallest thing can bring it out in a ferocious way.  By the time I went to bed, I knew that things were not as bleak as they may seem right now but like everything else, it's going to take time.  

This morning and today we had a wonderful day, taking a casual drive and stopping periodically at places that caught our eye.  The weather was so nice; I was able to walk around wearing just a t-shirt and a light sweater.  We finally ended up at Boston Beerworks in Salem, MA where we enjoyed a great meal.  They are know for their delicious burgers and their variety of beer.  Dave and I are not large drinkers and decided against ordering any of their beers though I've had them before and I can say that they are quite good.  Throughout our meal they had the Red Sox game displayed on multiple screens and I realized that I enjoy watching the game in that kind of environment.  Of course, this was lunch and it was very quiet.  Somehow, I doubt that a Friday or Saturday game in a packed bar/restaurant would have the same effect but I loved it. 

When we got home, the two of us finally began to go through the mountain load of stuff that we've somehow accumulated over the past two years of living here.  Seriously, we have so much stuff that we never use or even look at half the time.  Things upon things buried under stuff and within boxes.  We spent a solid four hours today and we have a very long way to go but it's a start.  I'm actually really excited.  I have no intention of becoming a minimalist at all but I definitely like the idea of picking and choosing exactly what type of stuff you accumulate and keep in your home.  Sure, some things are free and they seem like great items at the time but then you realize just how much space it takes up and how little you ever use it.  Because it was free, I didn't think too heavily about bringing it home making some justification on how we'd use it.  I think it is very important to choose our things wisely (pay money for quality, if need be) and only have those things that make life happier and easier.  

Overall, we had a nice day and I'm already feeling the benefits of having a less cluttered and more clean home.  Crazy just how much that can affect you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment