Monday, April 25, 2011

Brief Update

You would think that after writing for over 110 days now, I would have it down by now.   Still, though I continue to forget.  Even just now, I was about to go to sleep, was literally laying down with my eyes closed before realizing, "ah, I didn't write."  Something about today had me in a giant funk.   I woke up late, didn't want to go to work, and just wanted to be lazy and do absolutely nothing all day.  

Somehow, I managed to drag myself to work and have a decent evening despite my general mood.  Really, I think I just felt overwhelmed by life.  There is just so much going on; so many people to contact and work with and things to do.  Dave and I both had one of those, "I don't want to deal with it days."  However, when I got home from work I took a nice relaxing bath while Dave wrote down a list of the things to do for the wedding.  It's all little stuff now but important stuff.  Last week, I didn't write what was needed for the website so that will be again my charge for this week.  We also managed to go over the bills and I transferred money to the appropriate funds to pay them off in the next couple of days.  It's amazing how much weight is taken off your shoulders just by that simple task.  To know that you are still on track is a good and relaxing feeling.

We then spent the last hour watching a special on Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady.  Despite him winning three Super Bowls for my home team, I never really knew his story.  Everyone revered him and I just didn't see beyond the preface of "yeah he's an amazing player, but no I don't want his babies thank you."  No, I still do not want Tom Brady babies but the special did give me a new respect for him and provides yet another example of the underdog story.  It was a feel good moment that topped of the evening of lessening burdens.  Now to tackle tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment