Saturday, April 2, 2011

Daily schedules

As far as working on Fridays go, today wasn't too bad.  Normally work on Friday nights are depressing and seem to drag on forever and I lack all sorts of motivation.  Going in at 5pm doesn't help matters especially if I'm listening to the radio on the way there.  Almost always, they say something about how it's finally Friday and everyone is happy to be going home for the weekend.   But I must say, now that I'm working Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday as opposed to Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday I actually don't mind Fridays that much.  Having the Wednesday and Thursday off gives me that sense of a weekend and I know that I just have to get through Friday and then I get Saturday off.  Still, I would love to work Sunday through Wednesday but can't get everything you want.   Tonight though went by really quickly and I only had one dissatisfied caller!

Honestly, the biggest downside of my schedule is getting home so late.  Like, right now it's 3:30am and I'm still awake.  In fact, I was just dancing around mine and Dave's bedroom in the hope to release some of that extra energy and feel more tired.  Dave finally knocked on my door and was like, "it's 3:30 and I really want to go to bed."  When I get home until 11:30 most nights, I find it hard to go to bed at a reasonable hour.  I've never been one of those people who can come home and go right to bed.  Normally I like to wind down a bit.  Despite working this shift for almost a year and a half, I've had a difficult time getting myself into a steady schedule.  I just hate feeling so tired at work as it gets later and later and everyone else is winding down and going to bed.  I don't like that trying to keep my eyes open feeling when I'm driving home.  As a result, I tend to sleep in on those days that I have to work and use the fact that I work so late as a justification.

Every Sunday after working 7am-3pm, I convince myself that this week will be the week that I will establish that schedule.  But then I always end up sleeping in super late on Mondays because I work until 11 that night and if by some miracle I do wake up at a reasonable hour on Monday, I almost invariably will sleep in on Tuesday.   I feel like I'm all over the place and that's probably why I'm having a difficult time getting on an exercise schedule.  I don't want to exercise after I get home from work but I feel like I never know what time I'm going to wake up and if it's after 12pm, I tend to schedule appointments for after 12.  So ideally it would be better for me to consistently work out around 9 or 10am and try and make it to bed by 12 or 1am  It's just so much easier said than done.  Maybe I'll eventually figure it out.  Once I do, I'm sure I'll find a 9-5 job again and have to shift back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment