Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wonderful feeling, Wonderful Day

Today was a super amazing day but I'm also super exhausted so this entry will be short.  I awoke this morning to giant banging noises outside of my apartment.  I have absolutely no idea what was causing these sounds but it sounded like a car slamming into the dumpster over and over again.  When that finally ceased, the small children upstairs must have decided it was time to race around their apartment as the loud patter of little feet slamming into our ceiling.  Though I was pretty awake by this point, I hoped I could get another hour but alas our apartment complex decided that 9am would be the perfect time to fix up the newly vacated apartment above us on the other side. 

Despite the early awakening, I was grateful.  Dave and I were able to go to Weight Watchers early to get weighed in and then we drove to Newburyport where we had lunch and bought perfume fragrances that are truly fantastic from a small local shop in town.  We had a lovely conversation while we were out and about before he dropped me off at my parents so my mom and I could have a mother/daughter day with my best friend and her mom.  We went to this small restaurant/antique store in Haverhill that I've never been to before and it was so cute and the food was delicious.  Our great food was accompanied by better conversation before the visiting psychic came and gave us each tarot card readings.

Normally I don't take too much stock in tarot card readings.  I've had some relatively accurate ones and some completely off based ones.  Oddly enough, some of my best readings were delivered by a friend in college (who was not a proclaimed psychic) and I'll be honest I approached it with more nervousness than excitement.  The last psychic I went to told me Dave wasn't the right guy for me and I was totally not prepared to hear that again.  Luckily, that didn't come up at all and my reading was quite literally dead on accurate.  Turns out that everyone also had readings that made complete sense.   I'm not going to go into it now because I prefer to discuss it with Dave before typing it out here but I may fill people in tomorrow.  Our final consensus was that we will definitely be doing this again in the future (with another set of tarot readings). 

After our readings, I went and hung out with Jamie and we talked about everything from our readings to our pasts, to the dynamics within our friendships, and even dabbled in discussions of movies and politics.  It's something I always love about my friendship with her.  I feel like there is no topic that is off limits and we could go on for hours.  Had I not had to work tomorrow morning and not been so tired, I'm sure we might have even talked longer.  But alas, it is also late for her too as she's used to waking up early for work in the mornings as well.  Anyway, this entry turned out to be longer than I originally anticipated but it was such a good day that I at least had to give a simple overview of each part.  Now, however, it's off to bed and I'm looking forward to that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment