Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Work changes

The girl who was handling the whole recruitment of nurses at my job just got up and left this afternoon.  What is it with the jobs that I end up in where people just walk out?  I didn't really expect this kind of lack of professionalism in the workplace.  A part of me is worried about her though.  What if something is wrong?  I found her on Facebook and sent her a message but I don't know if she'll respond.  I'm also slightly anxious about what's to come as I was brought in to support her.  Something tells me I'm going to be taking on more of her roles which would be okay if I had a better idea what I was doing and she didn't delete all of her e-mails prior to leaving.  

Needless to say, this afternoon was super stressful.  Thank goodness I didn't need to go into work tonight too.   I was all flustered by the end of the afternoon.  I came home and put myself under my headphones and disappeared which was an interesting sign.  It's what I always did when I felt overwhelmed by something.  It's what I used to do anyway before the panic attacks came on but I felt okay with it today.  So yeah, I'm nervous and reluctant and I don't know.  I want to be able to step up and impress but I'm also afraid of disappointing.  I'm afraid that my boss might expect more than I have the knowledge and ability to deliver.   There are a lot of feelings flowing through me right now and I don't want to deal with them.  

In fact, I'm going to stop writing now.  Dave is going to show me something on excel that I can hopefully use tomorrow to get one of my projects done more quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment