Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 long days over

Considering that I've worked more hours in the past two days than I normally do in a typical week I'm feeling pretty good.  There's a part of me that feels tired and a bit nervous about tomorrow morning but overall I'm feeling alright.  It's funny; I feel like I have the next two days off even though I don't-- at all but I get my evenings free which makes it feel like I have more times.  I'm actually kind of liking the day job. I mean, it's still a bit early to tell but so far I'm enjoying it.  I really like the person I'm working for and what's even better is that she likes me.

I'm glad I took this position if for no other reason than as a confidence builder.  I feel like I'm doing pretty well there.  They love the way I speak on the phone (I suppose I did learn something working in a call center) and I feel like I'm handling the tasks well.  I've been needing this kind of confidence builder in a job setting for a while now and it makes me hopefully.  There's that and I've had a change of attitude.  I want to do this and I'm willing to work at it.  Sure on these long days I do tend to count the hours and I miss having more than an hour of free time once I get home on these nights but then I think of the extra cash I'm making and how I'm continuing to grow professionally and I feel better.

Still, this is only the beginning of the first full week.  Maybe I'll hate this decision in the morning or next week or by December but for the moment, it's working.  I'm going to keep this short.  Last night I wrote a lengthy post and it put me to bed a bit later than I wanted to despite having written half of it while I was at work on my lunch.  I just need to make sure that I wake up on time tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment