Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blah blah blah

I'm writing my post earlier tonight because I'm not in the mood now and I doubt I'm going to want to do it later so it's one of those, "just get it out of the way" moments.  I went to the library today and finally returned the books I took out for the wedding.  Like everything else, the library is a wonderful way to save money if you do it properly but as my books were super overdue, I owed $14 in late fees.  What should have been free was $14.  Was it still less expensive than purchasing books for the wedding?  Yes, but it should have been free.  There's really no excuse.  So, I'm trying again.

I took a bunch of books out of careers and finance.  Last year was all about getting over my commitment issues.  There's still work there to be done but it's manageable at this point.  Plus, I've sort of already committed to Dave so that's a moot point.  Still I've made significant gains this year regarding my relationships and personal life.  However, our finances are another as is my career.  Last year, we spent thousands of dollars on a wedding which was 100% worth it but it didn't really give us any headway toward our goals.  In addition, I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.

So I'm establishing goals for that.  Truth is, I have issues with my professional life as well.  Seriously issues.  That student teaching thing did a huge number on me and I haven't even scratch the surface of dealing with it and I'm ready for it.  I'm always going to have issues but those issues shouldn't incapacitate me.  Right now, they are.  Yes, I'm working two jobs but they are just hours and paychecks.  It's not quite what I'm looking for forever.  I do want my work to mean something to myself and hopefully to someone else.  So like the relationship issues, I'll take it one step at a time.  Also going back to therapy again which should be really effective.  I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment