Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tomorrow

Dabey's grumpy.  He's trying to make the text fit on the envelops and it's not going as smoothly as he hoped.  Now, he wants me to choose who we should send them to tomorrow and who we can wait until tomorrow evening or Thursday morning.  I am of the opinion that if they aren't all ready then we'll wait for them all to be completed and send them all out at once.  He doesn't agree so he's now grumpily trying to fix them.  He's really cute.  It's late and it's probably more him being sleepy than grumpy but his response is cute nonetheless.

So, I'm getting ready to launch the new blog tomorrow.  I've been planning to begin it on my birthday since before the wedding but now that it's almost here, I can't help but want to withdraw from that plan.  Unlike this one, I want to post it more publicly.  Allow people from Facebook to read it if they want.  I want to feel comfortable giving it out and saying that it's my website.  I don't feel that way about this one at all.  Sure, I'll put more thought into the writing of the next one but in the end I'll just be showcasing how incredibly mediocre I am.

That's the truth.  My writing is mediocre.  My ideas and goals are mediocre.  The artistic project I've prepared for my first entry along with my goals for the next year is downright amateur.  Is that what I want to reveal to everyone?  I put myself out there and I will be judged.  Possibly harshly.  I'm nervous.  Maybe it's best to just keep my writings personal.  No one else has to read it.  No one else has to know about it.  If no one knows about it, no one will read it, if no one will read it, then I can't be judged.  Why does the idea of being judged on my writing skills scare me so much?  I really wish it wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment