Thursday, November 10, 2011

Therapy

I went to my first therapy appointment since before the wedding today.  I must say, it's really nice to work at a job that cares more about getting the work finished than it does to micro-managing its employees.  It was really cool to tell my boss that I may have to take an hour lunch and that I would be willing to make it up at the end of the day.  She told me not to worry about it and take what I needed.  Of course, I worked the half hour later tonight anyway because I felt badly but still, I was able to go to my appointment without feeling guilty about it. 

Anyway, I went into my appointment wondering what I was going to talk about with her today.  It's funny how some of my best therapy sessions come from my walking in without any type of talking points.  Since I'm working two jobs now and I was technically on my lunch break, we of course began to discuss that.  Because I have serious issues with everything that happened way back then I immediately got all upset and began to discuss how much I didn't want to talk about it.   At a certain point, I stopped and said something like, "I sort of talking about it now, I guess, but not really."  She then made the comment that we are in "contemplation" mode as opposed to "pre-contemplation" mode which is where I was with this a few months ago.  

She asked me some really pertinent questions which I will have to really think about over the next few weeks.  I need to take the time to process everything that happened during our session; let it all seep in.  Gosh, I've missed my therapist.  She seriously awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment