Saturday, November 5, 2011

Laura's Day

Sometimes the timing is just right.  It's funny how things work out both in small and large cases.  Today was all about my sister and I really couldn't be happy for her though I do wish I had gotten there earlier to help out more.  Laura and Ben moved into their new house today and they made a wonderful choice.  Until today, I had only seen the outside and I was excited to see it in its entirety.  However, this morning when I woke up this afternoon (yes, these long hours did take their toll) I almost decided against going.  In the end though, I wanted to be there and we drove up.  

Their house is beautiful.  It's brand new and it has everything that she wanted in a house including her brand new kitchen with granite counter tops and plenty of closets.  I don't think I've ever seen so many closest!  I have no clue what she's going to put in all of those but that's okay.  It's actually a duplex and the family next door is adorable.  They have a six year old, a four year old, and a nine month old who are the cutest children I've seen in a long time.  My dad and the six year old boy played with a ball while we talked with them for a bit.  People always underestimate how important the neighbors are-- they can make the dream home a nightmare and a home that might be considered a nightmare a dream.  I'm so glad they seem to be good people.  

Eventually it was getting late and everyone was tired and hungry so we left them to their home for the night and decided to get a quick bite to eat.  Dave and I actually intended to go right home and pick something up on the way but at the last minute decided to go to Friendly's with my parents where we had the nicest waiter ever.  Really, he was awesome!  We then went back home briefly to finish our conversation and just as we were about to leave, my mom received a phone call.  It was late but it didn't concern me because my sister is always calling with some sort of random question or another.  

However, almost immediately I realized that she was calling to tell us that she and Ben got engaged!!! That's right, Ben will officially be my brother in law.  Honestly, I felt that he was for a long time now but he will be it for real.  I couldn't be happier for them.  They are a great couple and she was so genuinely surprised and it was just perfect.  I'm so excited for her and I love them both.  

I'd discuss it more but I'm exhausted so I'm going to head to bed and try and get a few more hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment