Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Busy

I can't even begin to explain how tired I am right now.  It's been a busy day and I'm half glad that it's over and half bummed that I still have to wake up and work eight more hours before I can have some time just to relax.  It's strange for the first seven hours I felt like I was mastering the art of looking busy.  I had some tasks to do but really I was waiting for my boss to get back to me on work that I had already done.   I needed more input and critique and the go ahead to take the next step and she was busy doing many other things.  That is until just before four when she came out frantically and was like, "we need this now."  Then it became a mad dash to put everything together and try to get it out.  She was really cool about it though.  She knew that it had nothing to do with me and had she given me what I needed, it would've been done much earlier.  Really, I was just glad that it was ready to go.  It makes me kind of nervous about tomorrow as I don't quite know what I'll be walking into and there so much I need to go over with her and she's only one person.

My second job was crazy tonight too.  One of our biggest banks completely upgraded their systems over the weekend and it has been a downright fiasco.  I sent an e-mail yesterday documenting it all and when I got in and nothing had changed and nothing was noted, I brought it back up and suddenly it was like "what? I didn't know this was happening!"  A part of me wanted to remind her that I did send an e-mail about it but I know how easy it is to overlook something when you're being inundated all day.  At least they know about it now and e-mails have been sent.   Sure, I had to field a ton of calls that I couldn't assist with and I felt really badly because this affected their debit cards and checking accounts. It's one thing when it happens with credit cards--that money is not technically theirs.  It's a whole different story when this is hard earned money and real bills that need to be paid and are being interrupted because the bank can't get their crap together.  What makes me feel even worse is that they have all been really decent about it.  I was only yelled a couple times and considering the situation, I expected it to be a whole lot more.

On the bright side the craziness at the end of the day and throughout the night made the evening go by quickly.  Now I just need to get through tomorrow and maybe crash around 9 or 10 to catch up.  We'll see.  Right now, though I need to get some sleep.  It's so much later than I want it to be and the morning is going to come so much faster than I want it.


No comments:

Post a Comment