Friday, November 18, 2011

More work postings

I have the weekend off this weekend, thank goodness.  I've just finished thirteen days of work straight and I needed a break.  Unfortunately, I think I've caught what's going around the office which is a terrible head cold.  It's been sneezing and sniffling all day.  Thank goodness I have the weekend off to recover.  Tomorrow night Dave and I are joining a couple of the groomsmen at a Goo Goo Dolls concert.  They're playing at our local beach!  How cool is that?  They are one of our favorite bands and I'm super excited.  The best part?  I won't have early Sunday work lingering over me over the night.  I can sleep in!

However, aside from the concert, all I want is to stay home and do nothing.  I just want to sit here and relax and sleep.  Funny how working so much does that.   It doesn't appear that this current day job is going to last.  Probably not much longer than January if it goes that long.  My boss went to the president of the company to ask to bring me on permanently and I overheard her talking to the person who I would have to interview with saying that the president didn't really want to hire me permanently.  It sounded like he approved beyond December for a couple of weeks but didn't really feel like we have enough business ventures to hire me full time.  She shut the door for the rest of the conversation but I heard enough.

The way I'm feeling now, I'm really not that disappointed by it.  Working these two jobs is difficult and exhausting at times so I don't know if I could do it all year.  Plus, I'm not 100% sure that this company is where I want to be or where I should be.  I tend to not believe in fate but my opinion of this is of the idea that "what's meant to happen will happen."  If I continue with it then I'm there to gain the more experience.  If not, I head back home and I do some more self discovery to determine which direction I want to head in.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll find another temp job at a different company and I see gather even more experience or be introduced to another type of work.  
I can't deny that this job is taking it's toll so not keeping it may be the best.

For now though, I'm just going to stay present and enjoy this weekend.  Sniffles and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment