Saturday, January 8, 2011

::Sneeze::

To update everyone: my mom is out of the hospital and is fine!  When I talked to her, she was tired and annoyed by it all but honestly, I'm just glad everything is okay.  She didn't want my dad to tell me and I don't know how I feel about that.  Sure, it might have saved me a night of anxiety but if something had been wrong and I found out that she was in the hospital and he hadn't told me, I'd be so angry.  I'm glad that the doctors decided to be extra cautious and were able to say in enough confidence that she was just fine.  So, now I hope that she just gets her rest and can begin to feel more like herself.

Unfortunately, I have seemed to come down with a bit of a bug which is kind of irritating.  I had to go home sick from work last night because I quite literally would not stop sneezing.  At first I felt fine, just a small case of the sniffles but then they just wouldn't let up and I felt my brain become foggier and slower and I just couldn't handle another two hours.  I came home, wrote my last post sneezing every five seconds, and then went to bed.  Anyone who knows me knows how very rare it is that I manage to make it to bed before midnight so falling right to sleep at 10:30 definitely meant something wasn't right.  I know, it doesn't sound too bad but then I actually slept until 4:30 this evening so maybe that helps put it into perspective.  Right now, my nose is sore from all the tissues and stuffy but I no longer feel like a disgusting mucus fountain (ew, gross image).  I guess, I mostly just feel weak, like my body has just run a marathon after 2 days of no sleep.  It's annoying.  

Annoying especially because my amazing fiance surprised me with two tickets to a concert of my favorite singer/songwriter, Vienna Teng.  I am determined to find the energy to make it through the concert and we decided to go to Five Guys for dinner which makes me super happy.  My good friend is also having a birthday party tonight which I had hoped I'd be able to attend after the concert but between my overall lethargy and having to work tomorrow at 7:00 am, I don't think I'll be able to make it.   It's part of the reason why I've decided to write now.  I have a feeling that I'll be too exhausted to do much of anything when I get home.  As of right now, I'm feeling okay and I'm hoping that it lasts for the next five hours and then for the eight work hours tomorrow.   After that, I'm free to crash until Monday at five!  

2 comments:

  1. I should point out that when she says she was, "sneezing every five seconds", that is not hyperbole but is in fact quite literal!

    Also, Vienna Teng has become one of my top 5 musicians (thanks to Jamie! Next time she is around we should all see her!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW I AM SO JEALOUS! I never know when people are touring nearby :( I hope the concert was amazing!

    ReplyDelete