Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Grr, argh"

I'm in a mood
It's not a happy one.
Cranky and irritable
I want it to be done.

Staring at a blank screen
I sit here with nothing to say.
Grumpy, morose, bitter
Can't get out of my own way.

Writing sentences I've used before
Frustrated that I care.
My furrowed brow full of self pity
Thinking life isn't fair.

Full of criticism and judgement
I create sophomoric rhymes.
Me, trying to write poetry
Is like a priest committing a crime.

In my mind all I hear is
"grr, arrrgh, smash!"
I think it's time to
Throw this attitude in the trash.

Seriously, is this what I'm writing?
I can already hear my readers sneer
This poem is such a load of crap
Tempting me to delete it out of fear.

It's just past midnight
I feel tired my not sleepy
Emotions stored underneath
I feel angry and not weepy.

Where this is coming from
I can't begin to guess
My shoulders pained and ache
Weary from unknown stress.

In reality, I know that
My life is far from bad.
Still, I don't feel any better
And that is just plain sad.

My tray of chocolate chip cookies
Are gooey and warm
It's amazing how comfort food
Helps quell the storm.

Are my fifteen minutes are up?
Does it even matter
Anything else I try to write
Is really just endless chatter.

Still, I pat myself on my proverbial back
For continuing to follow through
Simply knowing that my goal is still intact
Prevents this mood from being able to stew.

1 comment:

  1. "grr, arrrgh, smash!"

    Laughing out loud for real ;)

    And yay you indeed getting through yet another don't-wanna-write day! <3

    ReplyDelete