Thursday, January 3, 2013

Writing

There was a lot of goofing around today once Dabey got home from work.  And I'm still awake whereas this time last night, I was practically in tears because I was so miserable.  Must mean that I'm feeling a bit better. Actually this morning I woke up feeling like a new person. Still, the first thing I did was schedule an appointment with the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor for January 28th.  This is going to sound weird but I'm looking forward to meeting with her.  I just hope she doesn't bring me into emergency surgery like she did when she saw my cousin.  Then again, my cousin says it was the best thing that ever happened to her so maybe some emergency surgery is just what I need.  So long as I can make it to class on the 29th; I'm good.

Now that 2013 is here officially and I have begun writing in Investing in Living, I'm seriously considering moving this blog to Wordpress and making it something private. This is primarily a personal journal anyway. Still, because of it's public broadcasting there are times that I can't actually write about what I want. Sometimes, events happen in the lives of my friends that affect me and I want to write about them and their impact on my thoughts and feelings.

After Katie had her baby would be a perfect example. It wasn't my place to announce baby Jude's arrival into the world. Even if I had the ability to set that entry to private, I could have written about baby Jude's influence on my worldviews but I wouldn't be sharing a close friend's big announcement. Obviously, something like that doesn't happen on a daily basis but even those days when I have nothing to say or just end up complaining about nothing ad nauseum. Those kinds of posts are probably better left unread by the world. My friends love me and they tolerate it but should they have to? What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment