Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saying Goodbye to this journal

I know it's only been a couple of days since I wrote the post about discontinuing this blog and starting a private online journal instead but I think it is something that I want to do.  No one has commented on anything I've posted here for a while so I'm not sure if people (aside from my mother, Dave, and Jamie) are even still reading it.  Honestly, I totally get it if people have decided to stop reading this.  Most of what I write is utter crap and very self centered.  I don't say much that's worth reading so having only three readers makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is continuing to write a public blog that only has three readers especially if there are times that I feel like I can't write about what's on my mind because it's either too personal or about someone else.  

A part of me really just wants to write for myself and then I can do what I used to do when I kept a written journal and show it to people when they ask about what's going on.  Sometimes I do find it easy to communicate in writing rather than talking so it would be easy to just have them read what I wrote rather than try to talk about it.  Sure, it would mean that I would have to excuse myself to the bathroom or try to busy myself doing something while they read it and collected their thoughts but it worked.  With an online journal, I could password protect the entries.  Like Jamie or Alli, instead of posting everyday I would post occasionally.  My friends and family would get the occasional better written post rather than horribly written posts everyday.  

I guess my biggest fear is that people will take it the wrong way but I suppose it is my choice.  It's been a wonderful two years writing here but you can't do something forever and I think it's time to make a change.  I love you all.  Thank you for spending all the time that you already have reading this and I will be posting the new journal link sometime soon.  

2 comments:

  1. :(

    I will miss this journal very much. Silly as it sounds, reading this made me feel like I got to "see" you everyday. I will most definitely miss that. This journal has made me laugh, cry, worry sometimes, and feel very proud of my awesome daughter. It has been an amazing achievement to write everyday for two years.

    I do understand the need to make things private for you but I will miss this very much. I hope that you will continue to share your writings when you feel comfortable. Personally I could care less how well they are written. They are straight from the heart. That's what has made these all the more special - even the ones that made me worry. I know I probably should have commented more, but please know how much being part of this journey has meant to me and I loved every minute of it.

    Congratulations on writing in this journal everyday for two years. It really is amazing!! As you know, one of my few regrets in my life is not writing a journal especially after I had you and Laura. What I wouldn't give to look back at my own journey. The years go by so fast and there is so much I remember, but so much I have forgotten. All of the many "moments" good and bad that have made me the person I am and are testament of the wonderful life and family I have been blessed with. I never took the small amount of time to do that and it stinks now. Keep journaling, no matter what. You have no idea how much it will mean to you in the future.

    Selfishly I really will miss this. Guess I am going to have to talk to you more :) That is not such a bad thing is it?

    Love you lots!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I rarely comment here anymore, but I feel much the same as your mom. :( I liked being able to have a peek into your life every day, no matter what you ended up writing. (I like your nonsense posts!)

    I have to basically reiterate everything your mom said - especially the fact that writing in this every day for two whole years is an amazing accomplishment! I think that if you take that twenty minutes or half hour or hour that you spent every day and use it to start working toward your other writing goals, you will be able to accomplish everything you set your mind to. <3

    I will definitely miss this journal, but I'm excited about your new ventures with Investing in Living and a possible semi-private journal. If you do end up writing a blog where you might make some public posts, please send me a link and I will gladly follow you there, too!

    I love you very much, darling! <3

    ReplyDelete