Monday, December 31, 2012

Two posts today

Happy New Year everyone!  It's 2013 and that means that I've written everyday for the past two years.  I'm pretty psyched about that.  With the new year, I've also posted my first (second) post on Investing in Living. I can't believe I'm actually trying it again after all this time.  It's terrifying but also super exciting.  

With my being ill and all, Dave and I decided to stay in tonight.  This is the first year since I was twelve that I haven't done anything special and you know, I kind of like it.  I mean, I also love spending time with my friends during the new year but it nice to not make a big deal out of it.  As of right now, I'm watching a movie I've seen a gazillion times and Dave is working on my blog layout.

I kind of feel badly because I basically begged him to work on it.  He's been killing himself working on my sister's wedding website and I felt badly about pulling him away but I really did want to get it up tonight.  Choosing a layout has been quite a process partly because I had no idea what I wanted.  I spent hours searching through our photos as a possibility and found nothing.  I tried drawing something but it looked totally cheesy and awful.  It was getting frustrating.

Finally, I found a super popular layout that is very similar to the one I'm using here and I loved it. The best part is that it is free. Is it perfect and original?  Not really.  Dave is modifying it and trying to customize it to give it more of a personalized feeling.  I'm so lucky I have him.   Once I really begin to develop the blog in a few months or so, maybe I'll change it further.  


No comments:

Post a Comment